Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WIP It!  Storm Thoughts.

I want to send thoughts and prayers to everyone who was impacted by Hurricane Sandy.   Not everyone was as lucky to not lose power or have any damage to their home as I was.  Sandy arrived on my birthday.  As the storm battered the East Coast, I said, more than once, that this was one "gift" I wanted to return to sender.  If only that had been possible.  My heart goes out to all who are dealing with the devastation left behind.

Now, on a happier note, I'll tell you about my fiber tasks of late.

There's been quite a bit of progress on the WIP pile.  This is a pic of the vanilla socks with the rolled top instead of ribbing.  

                                      

The Ply-Fest is going well.  Three fibers are finished.  One has one skein finished with the second one in progress. There is still one more fiber waiting to go on the jumbo flyer.  I have two other bobbins of similar fibers I plan to ply together.  They are from the same dyer and share a purple color which will make them look nice when plied together.

 






 


I plan to take the slippers on the road as car knitting this weekend while out and about.  Slipper 1 is ready for the toe decreases and will be off the needles tonight.  Slipper 2 will be cast on right after that. I really would like to get them done by the end of this weekend.

The jacket has seen some progress.  I didn't realize I had 16 rows to knit before the sleeve separation.  I'm 4 rows from finishing that part.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I didn't have power so I didn't get to catch you on FB. What a crazy birthday you had huh?