Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Little of This and That Crafting

Lately, it's been a case of finishing up a few projects.  The fourth pet blanket has been crocheted.  The Niyritt Hat came out cute.  I wish I had knit an extra repeat in the body of the hat before starting the cabling at the top.  It fits fine but I would have liked it to be a little longer in order to cover my ears better.  The Monkey socks are progressing well. I managed to start the heel flap last night.  I might still manage to finish these before the end of the month.

A couple of years ago, I won some fiber from a KAL on Ravelry.  It's very pretty but a bear to spin.  It's a little felted and has tons of nepps in it.  The dyer felt bad about taking a while to get it to me so sent me 8 ounces instead of the original 4.  The colors are very pretty pastel shades.  After fighting my way through the first 4 ounce braid, my hands hurt, especially the right pointer finger.  The most sore spot is right at the first knuckle which is a bit swollen.

Yesterday was a spin in at RI Handspun so I took it easy and worked on refilling a couple of partial bobbins with some more of my cria alpaca/merino hogget blend.  That stuff almost spins itself.  I hope Liz gets her mill back up and running some day.  I love how she processes my fleeces and blends.  There's plenty in the stash to keep me busy for quite a while if she doesn't re-open for a few years. 

Due to the sore finger/hand, I'm not working on anything today.

Here's a couple pics of the Niyritt Hat. :


 

No comments: