Monday, May 12, 2014

Busy Hands Knitting and Spinning

The last few months have just flown by.  Since my last post, I've finished the Monkey Socks, a snugly bulky weight cowl called Centered Stitch Mitered Cowl (I still need to buy the right button), Pettine, Bakersfield, Katara (all by Corrina Ferguson), and Brickless by Martina Behm. The four shawlette/scarves need pictures and blocking yet.  I will post those when I get it done.  I still haven't found the missing yarn I want to use to knit my Harvest sweater in yet.  I know it's here somewhere.

Currently, I'm knitting a pair of modified Pink Chocolate short socks.  I only had a half skein left of the "Gloaming" colorway from Play At Life Fiber Arts yarn I used in the Brickless.  I bought a mini skein in a pretty blue that matches the color in the the Gloaming and plan to do an afterthought heel and toe with it.  There's two ounces of the original yarn so I should be able to manage most of the foot with it.

So far this year I've managed to spin 68.8 ounces of fiber.  My goal is eight pounds spun and plied this year.  I think I'll make it with no problem.  I've got 5 different colors/fibers either spun or waiting for me to finish spinning so they can all be plied.  I plan to do another ply-fest at the end of the month during the Stash Dash 5K with the Knit Girllls.  It's a self challenge to see if you can use or spin 5K between May 23 and the first week of August.  Projects already count for full yardage as long as you don't ply the singles or bind off prior to May 23.  Tour de Fleece also falls in the middle of the 5K so that's an added incentive to spin.   I need to knit more before then too.  lol

No comments: